Yucatan Is on the Top 13 Safest Places in Mexico List
Yucatan is on the top 13 safest places in Mexico list. Published on the SmarterTravel.com website on March 23, 2018, the list includes a number of Yucatan destinations close to my heart. We’ve visited every one of these gorgeous destinations and can attest to having felt safe while there.
Safest Yucatan Destinations
- Tulum, which includes some of the best beaches on the Riviera Maya and a seaside archeological site
- Chichen Itza, the World Heritage site with the famous Pyramid of Kukulkan equinox event
- Valladolid, a quiet colonial town within driving distance of Chichen Itza with a non-crowded cenote
- Merida, the capital of the State of Yucatan, with great crafts shopping and colorful dance events
- Campeche, on the Gulf of Mexico coast, a walled Old Town, with nighttime musical events