Unique Things To Do In Yucatan Peninsula
Find unique things to do in Yucatan Peninsula in the video below. It includes such off the tourist track places as Ek Balam, with its magnificent carvings in the face of a pyramid that you can climb. You’ll also find Valladolid, where you can get wonderful local Yucatecan food. Plus, you’ll love Izamal, the yellow-painted town with its cathedral, home of the Black Christ or Cristo Negro. And, of course, there’s the usual Yucatan tourist hotspots of Tulum, Chichen Itza, Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Coba, and Akumal.
Timeline of Unique Things to Do in Yucatan Video
Here’s a list of the Yucatan attractions highlighted in this video. I’ve also provided a timeline showing exactly where, in the video, you can find that particular location.
- 0:00:24 The resort and beach hotspots of Cancun
- 0:00:30 The UNESCO World Heritage Site of Chichen Itza, the
- yellow-painted town and convent of Izamal
- 0:00:36 the Cristo Negro, the Black Christ
- 0:00:42 The delightful colonial city seldom-frequented by tourists of Valladolid
- 0:00:47 The recently-excavated ruin and large murals of Ek Balam
- 0:00:53 the bird-watching, crocodile feeding, and pyramid climbing of Coba
- 0:00:58 The shopping, surfing, and beach combing of the Maya Riviera’s fast-growing town of Playa del Carmen
- 0:01:04 The water sports and Island charm of Isla Cozumel, the breathtaking cliff views and swimming at the ruins of Tulum
- 0:01:14 The snorkeling upscale condo community of Akumal.
Yucatan Maps: A Yucatan Peninsula Map and a Mexico Map
For a Mexico map showing the location of Yucatan in Mexico, take a look at my blog post, The Location of Yucatan in Mexico.
Furthermore, if you’re wondering where the Maya live in the Yucatan Peninsula, take a look at my Youtube video called, Where Do the Maya Live? Yucatan Peninsula Map Shows Their Homeland.
Yucatan Map with Attractions Showing Mayan Ruin Sites
One of my favorite reasons for going to Yucatan has to do visiting the Mayan ruins. Since you might also enjoy learning about the ancient people of the Yucatan, you might be interested in a Yucatan map with attractions showing Mayan ruins sites. Here’s a link to my blog post called, The Land of the Ancient Maya. It includes a map of the Yucatan Peninsula with major Mayan ruins pinpointed.
ACTOR: Miriam Balsley
MUSIC: Sony Creative Suite Cinescore Music that comes with Movie Studio Platinum
VIDEO FOOTAGE: Copyright 2008 Carol Anne Chapman